Skip links and keyboard navigation

Site navigation

Financial support and student loans

Congratulations! You've decided to take the plunge and start studying. But how will you pay for it? Luckily TAFE Queensland SkillsTech has you covered.

There are many options available to help pay your fees while you're studying.

Certificate 3 Guarantee

You can receive a subsidy towards one Certificate III qualification from a list of subsidised courses. An initiative of the Queensland Government, the amount provided depends on the demand for skilled workers in each industry and your eligibility.
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee you must meet the following criteria:

  • not hold or be currently enrolled in a certificate III or higher level qualification (does not include qualifications completed in secondary school)
  • be 15 years or older
  • have completed or left secondary school
  • be an Australian citizen or permanent resident residing in Queensland, or New Zealand citizen permanently residing in Queensland.

For more info, check out the Queensland Government's Training website.

VET Student Loans

Found a TAFE Queensland course you want to enrol in but don't have the funds to pay for it? No problem. You may want to consider a VET Student Loan:

Are you an existing VET FEE-HELP student? You will need to opt-in to continue to receive VET FEE-HELP by March 31, 2017. Find out more.

Fee-free training for year 12 graduates

If you're a Queensland resident, have just finished year 12 and are keen to start your studies within the following calendar year, you might be eligible to study fee free.
The Queensland Government has identified a number of industries with a high demand for trained workers. To help fill these gaps, they will pay the full cost of a certificate III qualification.

Eligibility criteria:

  • you must have completed year 12 in Queensland
  • you must hold a Senior Statement issued by the Queensland Studies Authority or the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority or equivalent
  • you must enrol in your chosen course by the end of the calendar year following your completion of year 12 (e.g. if you graduated in 2015, you must enrol before the end of 2016)
  • live permanently in Queensland.

For more info, check out the Queensland Government's Training website.

Funding Options

There are a range of State, Federal Government and industry funding available to assist students with the cost of study. Don't miss out - find out what's available and if you're eligible.