||Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- 21 years or over
- Australian or New Zealand citizen/ permanent Australian resident/refugee, humanitarian or temporary visa holders
- Permanently reside or be living in Queensland
776 Kingsford Smith Drive
Eagle Farm QLD 4009
Study from any location
Personal protective equipment:
• industrial footwear to AS2210 – safety boots (steel capped)
• clear safety glasses (practical)
• long sleeve work shirts and long pants (100% cotton drill work wear).
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry in to practical classes.
• pen (blue/black and red).
The Trades Skills Assessment and Gap Training Program (the Program) is an opportunity for experienced individuals to get a formal trade qualification. It does this by:
- assessing the skills of experienced individuals who can demonstrate substantial competency in a priority trade qualification
- providing gap training of no more than one-third of the competencies to complete the trade qualification
Benefits to workers:
- gap training options available
- no cost involved for recognition of existing skills
- Participants who complete the program will receive a nationally recognised qualification.
Benefits to employers:
- increase supervision ratio for meeting apprenticeship requirements
- increases worker knowledge, capability and productivity