19 Jun 2017
Full time /
5 days per week
A sound achievement in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent is recommended.
A phone interview is required for eligibility into this program.
Eligible Participants are:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- a permanent resident of Australia; or
- a refugee and humanitarian visa holder.
- permanently reside in Queensland;
- Are not an employee of any Authority;
- Are not an apprentice or trainee;
- Are not currently enrolled and participating in a school program;
- Are not a contracted trainer and assessor or an existing worker of any RTO;
- Are not already funded by an Authority or other such source for delivery of the same training being undertaken as part of this program;
- Have not been previously funded under this program;
- Are not a stream B or C job-seeker currently receiving employment support from job active service providers;
- Are not a participant who has undertaken or completed a Trade Start Civil Construction program in the same program period.
Personal Protective Equipment provided by the student
Important: During the training students must supply the following own personal protective equipment.
Students failing to meet required personal protective equipment standards of dress will not be permitted entry into practical classes.
- casual clothing for theory and drawing classes (t-shirts if worn to not have offensive logos or print)
- closed in shoes (no thongs)
Personal Protective Equipment supplied by CSQ
CSQ will provide a ready for work kit prior to commencement of structured workplace learning and may consist of:
- Eye protection –Clear safety glasses, (tinted or sunglasses not acceptable). These must conform to the Australian Standard AS 1336 or 1337.
- Protective footwear – Safety toe, leather upper, non-slip safety footwear must be worn. They must comply with Australian Standard AS2210 and be in good condition.
- Protective clothing – T-shirt.
Students will need to bring to class:
- Pens (preferably 4 colours)
- Pencil / sharpener
Weeks 1 and 2: TAFE Full time - Monday to Friday 7.30 am - 3.00 pm
Week 3: TAFE Full time Green Skills Training - Monday to Friday 7.30 am - 3.00 pm
Weeks 4 and 5: Structured Workplace Training.
Weeks 6 and 7: TAFE Full time - Monday to Friday 7.30 am - 3.00 pm
Weeks 8 and 9: Structured Workplace Training.
Weeks 10 and 11: TAFE Full time - Monday to Friday 7.30 am - 3.00 pm